WELCOME TO BOATING TRIP PLANNER AND THE MARINA DIRECTORY APPS
This app contains a Boating Trip Planner for the east coast of the U.S. from the Florida panhandle to Maine using tidal currents. It also contains details for over 1,300 Eastern U.S. marinas from the Chesapeake Bay to Boston.
WHY USE THIS APP?
Save money on very expensive fuel and get to your destination faster by planning your trip using tidal currents. As of June 2015, over 1,300 marinas are available from the Chesapeake Bay to Boston with details about each marina such as an address, contact phone number, website, docking information, amenities, and more. NOTE: This app is updated regularly with more regions coming over the summer!
TRIP PLANNER OVERVIEW:
- After selecting the date for your trip and your boat's cruising speed, you'll then use the map to click on each Tidal Current Station map marker from your starting point to your ending point. As you click on each Tidal Current markers, you will see that station being added to the trip plan located above the map. After you have selected all your tidal current stations, you'll click "CALCULATE TRIP." (see screen captures)
- And now for the power of this app... You will be given a few choices on what time you should leave and what time you will arrive based on the tidal currents from the start of your trip to the end. Pick the quickest trip and save time and money on fuel!
- The results will show you multiple times when you should start your trip and will estimate how long it will take you.
- LIKE GRAPHS? The tidal currents are plotted and displayed for you to verify the results. This helps you to fine-tune your next boating trip.
Detailed marina information is given for the east coast of the United States for over 1,300 marinas. Each marina displays the following information:
SEE SCREEN SHOTS
- Full address, phone number, location on map, latitude and longitude coordinates, VHF channel, and website (if available)
- Dockage: Number of slips, moorings, transient slips/moorings, max LOA, approach depth, dockside depth
- Hooks ups: Water, power voltage, power amps
- Fuel: Gas, diesel, brand
- Supplies: Marine store, groceries, ice
- Amenities: Restrooms, showers, laundry, pump-out, pool, tennis, Internet, restaurant, snack-bar
, and credit cards accepted